In a world of social media where the majority of your customers are available online, it becomes increasingly important for you to maintain a good reputation throughout the web. Having a good online reputation implies that you will be perceived as a trustworthy brand by your customers. This will not only help you to grow your business but it will also help you stay ahead of your competition.
However, there are some myths surrounding the concept of online reputation management which needs to be busted. Let us take a look into the top 10 online reputation management myths that are often heard.
Everyone has an online reputation. It may be either good or bad. By online reputation management, we mean taking control over the online conversation. Different strategies and techniques are used in order to ensure that you have a good reputation online. The main purpose of ORM is to counteract misleading trends and also to create balance.
If you are wondering why online reputation management is important, then we are here to answer your question. With the help of ORM, you can take control over the online conversation. For every business, it is very important to have a good online reputation for obvious reasons. After all, it gets you more customers and helps your business to grow. Managing a good online reputation is not an easy task and not impossible either. It is actually very time consuming but at the same time it is also very much beneficial as well. If you want your business to prosper then you need to take steps in order to ensure a good reputation online. Once you have a bad reputation, it may become very difficult for you to get your repetition back. Therefore, you should not take it for granted. You can take the help of online reputation management services out there in order to improve your reputation online.
1. Online reputation cannot be controlled: You may not have control over bad reviews. But the way you make your response to a bad review speaks a lot about your company. It speaks about feedback sensitivity and response rate. If you ignore the bad comments, it is only going to make things worse for you.
2. No reputation is better than a bad reputation: No reviews or comments tends to raise suspicion. This is when your brand perceived as shady. Modern customers are known to rely on other customers’ reviews a lot.
3. A full-proof plan can solve all your problems: You cannot improve the reputation of your brand in a day even if you have a concrete plan. It needs to be done thoroughly on a daily basis.
4. Deleting bad reviews will solve the problem: Valid reviews cannot be deleted in the majority of the cases. So if you think that you can get done with bad reviews then you are wrong. However, if you still manage to do it, it will be perceived as shady.
5. Reputation and customer services are separate: When it’s about your business, customer service and reputation management need to work hand in hand. Failing to do so will only create problems for you.
6. It is hard to get people to write reviews: It is true that nobody is willing to spend too much of their time writing reviews. But it doesn’t hurt to ask.
7. Reputation management takes a lot of effort: Yes, it does take a lot of effort to manage a good reputation online. Well, this is the reason why most businesses take the help of online reputation management services out there.
8. You need a lot of good reviews to build a good reputation: Well, it may be true to some extent but you can even work well with just a few good reviews as well.
9. Online reputation management services are time-consuming: It may consume a lot of time but in the end, it is totally worth it and especially when you are investing in the right solution.
10. It is okay to publish fake reviews: Fake reviews are considered to be a big negative point about your business. It is actually easy to figure out whether it’s a fake review or not.
Overall, it can be concluded that online reputation management is very important for business of all sizes. In order to maintain your reputation online, you can take the help of ORM services out there. Online reputation management is also surrounded by various myths which we have already discussed in the write-up. Do not let these top 10 online reputation management myths discourage you to shape your reputation online.