Promoting products or services for a business is an art. In this digital arena, there are many Digital Marketing Services are there to promote a brand such as a search engine marketing, e-mail marketing, paid advertising, social media marketing, affiliate marketing. Making brand exposure in less span can be done through one such strategy is Influencer marketing. This is the fanbase marketing through social media and many businessmen have this strategy as their priority in the marketing list.
“Be an influencer in your business domain with influencer marketing.”
What is influence marketing?
In a nutshell, using influencer’s to promote business, brand, product, services, etc. are called as influencer marketing. This promotion can be done through social media channels, blogs, and vlogs.
Who are the influencers?
Influencer’s can be anybody with followers. The influencer’s may be artists, celebrities, blog influencer, social media Influencer, designers, sportsperson, performers, bloggers, key opinion leaders, and journalists. The influencers are basically categorized as Mega influencers, Micro-influencer’s, and Macro-influencer’s.
- Mega-Influencers: >1 million followers
- Macro-Influencers: 1 to 10 lakhs followers
- Micro-Influencers: <1 lakh followers
What are the benefits?
- Quick exposure
- Direct Traffic to Website
- Increase conversions (sales, signups, email subscribers, etc)
- Gather user-generated content and analytics
Influencer Marketing Tactics to improve Brand Engagement:
1. Know your business
First of all, know what you want. Have clear answers to these questions.
- What are your objectives and goals (more exposure/leads/sales/brand reputation/ROI)?
- Who are your target customers?
- What is the list of products or services that you want to promote?
- What are the campaign goals?
- What are the characteristics the influencer should possess to promote or influence your brand?
The answers to these questions will give you an idea what type influencer you want and how can your goals be achieved.
2. Research for the right influencers:
Using influencers in marketing is one of the Social Media Marketing technique. If you have a small local business, then search for local influencers or if you have a big brand then you can opt for intentional influencers if you have enough budget.
- not have the huge but steady following: Refer all the analytics of their fans on all social media accounts such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.
- Suit (or) relevant for your business: You both must have the same objective (they must agree with your business goals) and most of their followers must be your targeted customers.
3. Engage and collaborate with the selected influencer’s:
Keep constant communication with the influencer’s whom you have chosen through liking, commenting, sharing their posts, and linking their posts in your blogs, etc. This grabs their attention towards your business. It gives a positive impression. Contact them and convince them to promote your brand. Convincing the influencer’s is a challenging one because they will take care of their reputation. Whatever they do may effect or affect their followers. So, as a businessman, you have to make them trust you and your brand.
4. How influencer’s make promotions?
Through Product launches:
Launching a product or service or another branch of your business with influencers will be a great hit for your company. The fans will automatically search for your product which is launched by their role models. This gives huge direct traffic to your website.
Through reviews and recommendations:
Let your selected Influencer give feedback on your products or services. Their reviews and feedback will be trusted by their fans. As they are fans of them, they naturally tend towards the products accepted and used by their role models.
Make contests with the help of brand management companies about your products or anything and at the end, promote your business.
Ask them to post about your brand in their personal or official accounts. If they post about the product, the fans of them automatically connect with them.
Make an advertisement with celebrities about your products. This will click well for your business.
Make small videos:
Create a video describing your product and promote them through all social media channels and YouTube.
5. Pay them a good amount:
These are the days where everything revolves around the money, especially businesses. Paying handsome amounts will keep them with your business for the long run.
6. Measure your success:
Analyze your results through traffic, clicks, engagement, leads, conversions, sales, etc. With the analytics you got, you can now improve where you lag and increase your ROI.
Pitching influencer's for your business can impact the purchasing decisions of the followers of influencer's. Flip this as an advantage for your small businesses to get more exposure. Once your business is on the news, no need to bother about your long run. These are some influencer marketing tips to improve brand engagement that has the power to increase your returns on investment.