Digital Marketing Strategy
I bet this is not the first time someone suggested you to integrate an effective digital marketing strategy to your business. Stepping into the digital marketing is pretty much fine, but why does one need a strategy for that?
Because a strategy helps you in “setting the direction to the destination you want to reach.”
Whether you just started your startup or in business for years, it is never late to create a plan that creates a real impact on your bottom line. Any Digital Marketing Services provider basically follow this pipeline for the best possible chance of success.
- Goals and Objective: Okay! Do not raise your eyebrows. This suggestion or advice might seem certain that does not need any special mention. However, we have seen many marketers who are eager to get into the nuts and bolts of postings and campaigns without any prior plan which is necessary for a productive outcome. As a business holder, you should be clear of what your goal is. Whether you want to mark your presence in the neighboring state or rank higher in the Search Engine Results Page? The end objective can be determined by your current business standards and how you want it to be in the long run.
- Identify “your” customers: One of the vital things to be contemplated during any digital marketing strategy is that you need to identify your customers. See, if you do not know who you are marketing to, what is the point of discussing a “great strategy?”Isn’t it? With the available digital channels, you sure can REACH people, but the question is WHICH people? Identifying the target audience is not rocket science if you could create the fleshed out persona. And a persona is something which gives a detailed description of your audience. Get started with their gender, age, and location. Then dig deeper to identify their hobbies, interests, occupation, emotional desires, goals, etcetera. Google Analytics can help you determine such factors and whom you should actually target.
- Competitor Research: It is essential to get the current online landscape in terms of competitiveness. Analyze what the competitors are doing. It could help you in discovering the areas you need to hone up. Create a spreadsheet and note their every single activity on every single channel. With the help of SEO services companies and tools, you can discover the keywords which are driving the high volume of traffic to their site.
- Note: You are studying your competitor’s way of marketing not duplicating their strategy.
Great that you have made up till here. Now let us explore how you can implement this digital marketing strategy below:
9 Steps for a Great Digital Marketing Strategy – Infographic
Search Engine Marketing:
Marketing (SEM) is a way of internet marketing which is basically
the promotion of your website. It improves the site
search engines by bidding on search terms. SEM enables businesses to
get precise success tracking and in-depth campaign analysis too. You
can get to know how much value you are generating which further
helps in making educated decisions.
On the other hand, Search Engine Optimization(SEO) is a component of Search Engine Marketing. SEO’s ultimate aim is to increase the number of visitors to your website. It includes on-page and off-page optimization that helps in maximizing the visitor count.
- Social Media Marketing: Social Media Marketing(SMM) is a form of internet marketing that includes composing and sharing content on social media channels or networks. The primary activities involve in SMM are posting any kind of media such as text, image, videos, memes, and updates that drive user engagement. SMM is mostly executed on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Email Marketing: You might be wondering why we set down Email Marketing as a separate tile amidst the resounding cry that email marketing is dead. But, it is not. It is still one of the effective ways of sending a commercial message for a group of people that actually matters. As a matter of fact, 72% of people still prefer email communication.
- Content Marketing: Content Marketing is a form of marketing that primarily focused on creating, publishing, and distributing content for the target audience through online medium. It is implemented to increase brand awareness and credibility through constant blogging, press releases, guest blogging, webinars, ebooks, articles etcetera.
- Mobile Marketing: It is also a form of online marketing technique to reach the target audience on smartphones, mobile phones, tablets, or any other related device. Whether you are a product or service provider, mobile marketing is beneficial since it is the gateway of interactive multichannel promotion.
Now you are familiar with the strategies and mediums to achieve them. Well done! But executing these actions and relaxing on the couch is not done. You need to measure the performance.
- Measure Results: You need to get an idea of the outcome, what went wrong, what had hit the bull’s eye, which channel generated the productive outcome, which medium betrayed, and everything that defines your strategy. All you should do is keep on exploring, experiment, and executing your conventions.